6th Kup: The next belt colour is blue. The colour blue signifies heaven towards which the plants grows, as it matures into a towering tree.
- Won Hyo was named after a noted monk who introduced Buddhism to the Silla dynasty in the year 686 AD
- There are 28 movements in Won Hyo
- Won Hyo starts in ready stance A (Moa Sogi A). The ready position represents the hard and soft elements of the pattern
- We learn the meaning and interpretations of patterns to understand the history of Taekwondo and to derive inspiration from historical figures.
- All patterns up to and including Won Hyo
- 3 Step Sparring 1 - 8
- 2 Step Sparring 1- 2
- Pad Work Syllabus 1 - 2
PATTERN: WON HYO
Please note that these videos are only to act as a guide for you to practice at home.
3 STEP SPARRING 7 - 8
TWO STEP SPARRING 1 & 2
PAD WORK SYLLABUS 1 & 2
- Inner forearm middle section circular block - (An palmok kaunde dollimyo makgi)
- Forearm middle section guarding block - (Palmok kaunde daebi makgi)
- Knife hand high section inward strike - (Sonkal nopunde anuro taerigi)
- Middle section side punch - (Kaunde yop jirugi)
- Middle section side piercing kick - (Kaunde yopcha jirugi)
- Low section front snap kick - (Najunde apcha busigi)
- Close ready stance A - (Moa junbi sogi A)
- Fixed stance - (Gojung sogi)
- Bending ready stance - (Guburyo junbi sogi)